About the Library
Delany Library was established in 2001. Currently, it is situated in the first floor of D block with an area about 3140sqft. All the library functions have been fully automated. Entry to and exit from the library, and book transactions are done with RFID Technology - Smart card and Biometrics (finger print). Presently, the entire computerization activity of the library has been revamped with a specialized software - a comprehensive package with built in library modules suitable for the entire gamut of all library functions. Besides, this software is more compatible with RFID Technology, which is a total security transaction module. Library is air-conditioned and under the surveillance of 10 CCTV cameras placed at strategic points. It is designed to accommodate 100 users at a time.
An extended section for Research and Reference, Rev. Bro. Byrne Hall, has been started to promote research culture and enhance reading habits of students.
The library has various sections such as:
- Book Acquisition Section
- Reference Section
- Periodicals Section
- Circulation Section
- Internet Section
The entire collection of books have been divided under their respective subject headings, and classified according to Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) scheme.
Policy on Book Lending
All students, Faculty & staff members of the organization are members of the Library.
- Books will be issued on production of valid Smart Card or Biometrics Thumb impressions
- Books borrowed must be returned on or before the due date.
- Only one renewal can be done.
- Books will not have to be physically presented for renewals.
- Books must not be marked or damaged in any manner.
- Students shall replace or pay for the cost of any book lost by them. If one book of a set is lost or damaged the whole set shall be replaced.
||Professors, Assistant Professors and Lecturers
Overdue Charges: Rs.1/- per day per book including intervening holidays
Library Working Hours
Library Hours: Monday - Friday 8.00 a.m. - 5.00 p.m.*
Saturday - 8.30 a.m. - 12.00 p.m.
Circulation: 8.00 a.m. - 4.30 p.m.